- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 Tablespoon Cumin
- 1/2 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes
- 1/2 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- Mix together and store in an air-tight container.
- When ready to use, combine 2 TBSP of the mix for each pound of cooked ground meat along with 1/2 cup of water. Stir and continue heating until most of the water is evaporated.
Notes: To avoid having to make the mix very often, make a big batch and store it in your spice cabinet. Multiplying the base recipe by 9 will yield enough mix to use with 10 pounds of meat. I also like to add 1 onion (diced) to the meat while it is cooking.