- 1/2 c sour cream (plain yogurt/Greek yogurt also work well in place of the sour cream)
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp each of dried dill, granulated garlic, and onion powder (helpful note below with the onion powder)
- ~1/4 tsp each of dried parsley, kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1-2 TBSP buttermilk (if you are making a dressing, rather than a dip, add a few extra splashes until the desired consistency is reached, being sure to mix in between each addition)
In a small mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Once mixed, taste, and add any additional salt or black pepper as needed. Chill and serve.
Note on the onion powder: due to its hygroscopic nature (or, tendency to absorb moisture; a term I actually remember from my food science days), my onion powder is always hard-as-a-rock clumpy. I used to try and break up the clumps, rather unsuccessfully, with a fork and then one day had an 'aha' moment--I now use my microplane to grate the clumps into the soft, powdery texture it was intended to be.