I have been a fan of this salad (adapted from Pampered Chef) ever since I had it at my bridal shower over 13 years ago. If my memory serves me correct, it was my first encounter with fresh ginger and I just couldn’t (and still can’t) get enough of that distinct flavor! While there are several components to this dish (making it seem a little cumbersome) and the list of ingredients may seem a bit unusual together it is so, so good and well-worth the effort! I hope you’ll give it a try!
- 1 tsp fresh ginger (peeled and finely chopped)
- 1 clove of fresh garlic (minced)
- 1/3 c rice vinegar
- 1/4 c orange juice
- 1/4 c canola/vegetable oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 packet of dried onion soup mix
- 2 tsp sugar
- 8 oz bow tie pasta (cooked accordingly to package directions, drained, and rinsed with cold water)
- 1/2 cucumber (seeded and thinly sliced)
- 1/2 c red bell pepper (diced)
- 6 oz fresh spinach (washed, dried, and stems trimmed if needed)
- 2 cans of mandarin oranges (drained)
- 2 c cooked, diced chicken
- 1/2 c almonds (sliced and toasted)
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until well-blended. Cover and refrigerate until ready to pour over the salad.
- To make the salad, combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Top with the dressing and ENJOY!