- 1 can of evaporated milk
- 1 1/3 c sugar
- 4 egg yolks, slightly beaten
- 7 oz bag of shredded, sweetened coconut
- 1 1/2 c chopped pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 stick of butter
1. Place the pecans and coconut in a medium-sized mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat and add in the sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla, and egg yolks. While whisking the mixture continuously, watch for small bubbles to appear and then continue whisking and cooking for about 9-10 minutes. Note: I have to use a potholder to hold the whisk, as it tends to get a little warm holding it in the pan for that length of time.
3. Once done, pour the mixture over the pecans and coconut. Stir until combined with a rubber spatula. Allow to cool and then top your favorite chocolate cake. Enjoy!