acos, burritos, and nachos find their way onto our menu quite often. Preparing a batch of pinto beans and freezing the 'planned-overs' is a time, money, and sanity saver. Try these beans with our chorizo for a great meal! Adjust the salt and heat to your liking.
- 2 lb bag of dried pinto beans
- ~12 c water
- 5-6 cloves of minced garlic
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1-2 chopped jalapeno peppers
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
- ~3 tsp salt
- Rinse beans thoroughly under cool, running water.
- Fill crock pot with the water and add the beans and all other ingredients. Cook on 'High', stirring occasionally, for 6-8 hours.
- If needed, drain off any excess liquid and add any additional salt/seasoning. Leave as-is, if you prefer a chunkier texture of beans or blend with an immersion blender or mash, if you prefer a smoother texture. Enjoy!