On a recent trip to New Mexico, I was fortunate to try the delicious breakfast combo that is created when chorizo is mixed with eggs! For a true Southwestern experience add blue corn pancakes to your breakfast. Delicious! –Hannah
- cooking spray
- 3/4 pound chorizo sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 green chile pepper, seeded and diced
- 4 eggs
- 4 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP oil
- Coat a large frying pan with cooking spray. Cook chorizo over medium-high heat until browned and crumbled. Add onion and chile pepper, and continue cooking until onion is tender.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and add to the chorizo mixture. Reduce heat to medium-low, and continue cooking and stirring until eggs are scrambled and firm.
- Warm the flour tortillas in the microwave for 30 seconds. Spoon mixture into the middle of each tortilla and top with shredded Cheddar cheese. Roll up like a burrito, and enjoy!