When I was driving back from market last Saturday with a large amount of rhubarb I was thinking about what I could try differently with rhubarb. Oatmeal rhubarb cookies came to mind and sure enough someone else had already had the same thought. We hope you enjoy these cookies! They were quite popular with Charlotte and Stella. ~Amelia, May 27, 2015
- 1/2 c softened butter
- 3/4 c brown sugar
- 1/2 c sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 c flour
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 c old fashioned oats
- 3 c finely diced rhubarb
- 1 cup white chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet)
- 3/4 c walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375F. In a large bowl beat butter, white & brown sugars together until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla and blend.
2. In a separate bowl sift together and blend well your flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Now add to your wet ingredients and blend till smooth.
3. Add in your 3 cups of oatmeal and rhubarb and stir with a wooden spoon till well combined. Then, add your white chocolate chips and stir well.
4. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and drop cookies by large spoonful onto paper. Bake for 9 – 12 minutes.
Note from Emily: I would have taken a photo of them, but let’s just say they disappeared rather quickly!