While there are no shortage of ideas on what to do with leftover turkey, one that we enjoy are hot turkey sandwiches; just like all recipes, you can customize this to best suit your tastes. Thanks to Kyle’s sister, Jaime and her hubby Jason for inspiring the addition of pesto!
- 1 loaf of French or Italian bread
- Sliced turkey
- Sliced cheese of your choosing
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Slice the loaf of bread horizontally and place on a baking sheet. On the bottom half, spread the pesto over the entire surface then arrange the sliced turkey on top. On the top half, evenly arrange the sliced cheese.
- Place in oven and bake for around 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Once out of the oven, join the two halves together and cut into ~6 slices (more or less depending on how many people you are feeding).
- If desired, garnish with other condiments (Dijon mustard, mayo) or toppings (tomatoes, lettuce) to your liking.