In the city where I grew up, I used to love having lunch at Dad’s Deli–they offered all sorts of sandwiches, soups, salads, desserts, and more. One of my favorite side dishes was a hot baked potato salad; I had not had it in years and one day decided to look for a recipe similar to it online. While not exactly the same, this recipe is still quite yummy. It is rather rich, so I like to include it in an otherwise healthy meal such as with fresh fruit, a green vegetable or salad, and a lean protein.
- 8 potatoes
- 2 c shredded cheese
- 1 c mayo
- 16 oz sour cream
- 6-8 slices of crispy, crumbled bacon
- 6 green onions (tops included)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash potatoes; leave skin on half of the potatoes and peel the other half. Cut into cubes and boil until just softened.
- In a large bowl, combine the sour cream, mayo, salt and black pepper. Once done, add the potatoes to this mixture and then add the cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Bake at 350F for around 30-35 minutes, or until the mixture becomes golden and hot and bubbly.