- 1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups diced cooked ham (using a fresh or smoked ham steak works great!)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup diced potatoes
- 1 cup reduced fat milk
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Over medium heat, saute potatoes, garlic and onion in the 1 TBSP of butter. Stirring frequently, until tender, around 8-10 minutes.
2. Add cooked potatoes, garlic, and onion, ham and cheddar cheese into the prepared pie shell (scroll to the bottom of the chicken pot pie page to find an easy, flavorful recipe for pie crust).
3. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, half-and-half, and salt. Pour egg mixture over ham and potato mixture. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes
5. Reduce heat to 325F and continue baking for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.