Source: Rossotti Ranch
- 1 lb. ground goat (we have a limited supply available!)
- 1 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 tsp dried rosemary leaves
- 1 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste
- 2 TBSP Dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBSP olive oil
- In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over medium to high heat. Add the onion, lower the heat, and sauté for about 20 minutes until nicely browned and caramelized. Be careful to not allow onions to stick to skillet. Set aside to cool.
- Place the ground goat in a mixing bowl, mix in the onions, rosemary, thyme, cilantro, cumin, salt, pepper, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Shape the ground goat mixture into 4 patties.
- Place the patties over the hottest part of your grill, turning once, until nicely charred and cooked to your liking (5-6 minutes per side for medium or 7-8 for well done).
- When done, serve with your favorite hamburger buns, sliced cheese, fresh lettuce, tomatoes, and your favorite condiment—such as ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, barbeque, or other sauce.
(Note from Amelia: When I made these I did not have cilantro on hand and they still tasted fantastic!)
Gourmet Goat Burgers