While goulash can be made a variety of ways, below is how I typically prepare it. This is a dish that we used to make at the farmers market, for its simplicity, in that it requires common ingredients and minimal kitchen equipment/supplies.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/2 c onion, diced
- 1/2 c green pepper, diced
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes (~28 oz)
- 1 can tomato sauce (~15 oz)
- ~3/4 c corn (fresh, frozen, or canned)
- salt and pepper taste
- ~1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 box of pasta, prepared according to package directions
- Brown ground beef, along with the onion and green pepper. Once done, add the crushed tomatoes and tomato sauce and cook over medium-high heat until gently bubbling. Add in corn and season with salt, pepper, and basil.
- Prepare the pasta according to package directions and once done, combine with the meat and vegetable mixture.
- Serve hot and enjoy!