As a kid, I always looked forward to when the cucumbers were ready to pick–it meant that mom would fix us cucumber salad for dinner. This was one of my favorite summer side dishes and still is! ~Amelia (August 7, 2015)
- 2 cucumbers
- 1 small onion
- 1/4 cup mayo or miracle whip
- 1 TBSP white wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel both cucumbers and thinly slice. Thinly slice the onion and add both the onion and cucumbers to a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl add the mayo, white wine vinegar, salt and pepper to taste. If the dressing appears too thick, just add another splash of vinegar.
3. Toss with onions and cucumbers. Cover and set in the fridge for at least an hour.