When they first came out with the Crunch Wrap Supreme at Taco Bell, it was my go-to food when I occasionally ate there. I discovered a copy cat recipe and I must say that this is SO much better than what you get at the Bell! Goes to show how much your ingredients really count. ~Amelia
Source: Busy Mama Bird
- Large (burrito size) tortilla shells
- Small tostada shells (tortilla chips work too)
- Queso sauce
- Pre-cooked chorizo or ground beef
- Shredded lettuce
- Shredded cheese
- Sour cream
1. Warm your tortilla in the microwave to make it soft enough to bend.
3. Spoon some chorizo on the cheese (this is where your beans would go, too, if you wanted to add them).
4. Place the tostada shell, corn tortilla, or a couple tortilla chips on top of the meat (depending on the size of the shell you may have to break it to make the center of your crunchwrap a little smaller so it will close).
5. Spoon a dollop of sour cream and spread over the shell. Sprinkle some shredded lettuce and shredded cheese on top (this would also be the place for any peppers, tomatoes, etc.).
6. Wrap the edges up toward the center until they close around your filling (if it won’t cover it all, tear a piece off another tortilla to cover the top and wrap the edges around it).
7. With some ninja-quickness, flip the crunchwrap into a warm non-stick pan, folded side down. Lightly press down with your spatula to seal the folds and brown. This will only take about a minute or two. Carefully flip it over once the edges are sealed and lightly brown the bottom side. This won’t take long either because really, you’re just warming that yummy, gooey queso on the bottom.
(Special Note: I had some leftover chili cheese dip on hand so I just used that in place of the queso dip. You can find the recipe for our chili cheese dip on our website.)