Not long after we had gotten married, my husband requested that I get this recipe for zucchini brownies from his mom. This is one of his childhood favorites that I think your family will love as well! ~Amelia (July 23, 2015)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp all spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP baking soda
- 4 TBSP cocoa powder
- 2 cup grated zucchini
- 1 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 TBSP milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. In a large mixing bowl, add sugars and butter and mix until combined. Next, add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix and set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the milk and lemon juice. Add to liquid mixture.
3. In a separate large bowl, add all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, all spice, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined.
4. In batches, add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring in between batches until combined. Lastly, fold in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
5. Pour batter into a 9 x 13 baking dish and bake for 30-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
1. In a medium bowl add milk, cream cheese, vanilla, and 1 cup of powdered sugar. With a hand mixer (or a mixing bowl), mix the ingredients until combined. Add the rest of the sugar and mix until combined.
2. Spread the icing over the cooled brownies. Enjoy!