Whether you are tuning in for the big game, the commercials, or both…one thing that everyone can agree on is the need for great-tasting, easy-to-serve party foods. This dish is so versatile, so use the recipe below as a framework and alter to your liking (by adding diced onion or beans, or serving with guacamole, etc.). Touchdown!
- 1 pound of ground beef, browned (our spicy sausage or ground chicken would be a great option also!)
- Taco seasoning (if using ground beef or chicken) and 3/4 c water
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 pound of Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 1 6 oz. can green chiles, optional
1. Brown ground beef (or meat of your choosing) in a skillet. Add taco seasoning and water (if using) and stir until incorporated.
2. Combine cheese, salsa, chiles (if using), and the browned meat in your crock pot and heat on low until hot (around an hour or so).
3. If your crock pot has a ‘warm’ setting, select this option during your get-together. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!