Have a craving for your favorite take-out? Try making it at home! This is a favorite at my house and tastes better than anything you could buy (and it’s SO simple to make). ~Amelia
Source: Rachel Shultz
- 4 boneless/skinless breasts
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 3 TBSP apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
Fried Rice Mixture
- 3 cups of rice, cooked
- Marinated chicken
- 1 cup of peas and carrots
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 eggs
- 3 TBSP sesame oil (olive or canola oil works too)
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
1. Mix sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a crock pot and pour the mixture over the top. Cook on high for 2 hours.
2. Once the chicken is cooked, shred or dice.
1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add peas, carrots, and onions. Cook until tender.
2. Crack eggs and add both directly to the pan and scramble.
3. As the eggs cook, add rice, chicken, and soy sauce. Stir until everything is combined.
Special Note: Need to use the rest of that shredded chicken left in your fridge? Just marinate the cooked chicken for at least an hour before adding to the fried rice mixture. This recipe is also great with rabbit!