If you usually reach for ground beef or shredded chicken on Taco Tuesday, consider slow-cooking a pork roast and then combining the meat the meat with some flavorful peppers and spices for a change. We have come to love this option and hope that you will enjoy it too!
- 4 cups pulled-pork (cooked)
- 1 ½ cups reserved pork stock
- ¼ c diced green chiles
- 1-2 chipotle pepper in adobe sauce (or ~ 1 tsp of chipotle powder)
- 1-2 tsp cumin (depending on your tastes)
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP chili powder
- 1 tsp garlic
- Combine all ingredients listed (except the pulled-pork) into a bowl. Using an immersion blender, blend the ingredients until smooth. (Note: a regular blender can be used in place of an immersion blender, just make sure the stock has cooled somewhat first).
- Pour the sauce over the pulled-pork and heat in a skillet or microwave.
- Use this filling in soft or hard taco shells, on a taco salad, with tortilla chips, etc. Garnish with your favorite toppings, such as lettuce, tomato, cheese, black beans, guacamole, sour cream, cilantro, etc.