Most mornings, I am content with cereal and peanut butter toast for breakfast; however, I do love pancakes served with scrambled eggs and bacon. And, because we have a steady supply of bacon and eggs around here (and a 4 year old who really enjoys flipping pancakes), I find myself eating this for breakfast more often.
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 c whole wheat flour
- 3 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 1/4 c buttermilk
- 4 TBSP (1/2 stick) melted butter
- Crack eggs into a mid- to large-size bowl; mix using an electric mixer/immersion blender until frothy.
- Add all of the remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Prepare on a heated griddle (medium-high temperature), cooking until bubbles form on the top (~1-2 minutes); flip, then cook another minute or until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite syrup or fruit topping (and of course, serve with bacon and eggs!)