Recipe for: Turkey Broccoli Quiche
1 9-inch pie shell, unbaked 1 TBSP butter
1 cup chopped cooked turkey 3 eggs
1 cup chopped fresh broccoli 1 cup reduced fat milk
1/2 cup cheddar cheese 1/4 cup half-and-half
1/4 cup finely chopped onion 1/2 tsp salt
2 garlic cloves, minced 1/4 c shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Over medium heat, saute broccoli, garlic and onion in the 1 TBSP of butter. Stirring frequently, until tender, around 4-6 minutes.
2. Sprinkle cooked broccoli, garlic and onion, turkey andc heddar cheese into the prepared pie shell (scroll to the bottom of the chicken pot page to find Emily's recipe for pie crust).
3. In a medium bowl, beat together eggs, milk, half-and-half, and salt. Pour egg mixture over turkey and broccoli mixture. Top with the Parmesan cheese.
4. Bake at 425Ffor 15 minutes
5. Reduce heat to 325F and continue baking for about 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted is center comes out clean. I find that cutting the quiche into 6-8 pieces for the last ~5-8 minutes of the baking time helps ensure that the quiche is done in the center.