rom Peggy Peters (the sweet mama of one of our college friends)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2/3 cup finely crushed crackers or breadcrumbs
- 1/2 diced onion (optional)
- 1 tsp. salt
- a dash of pepper
- 3/4 lb. ground beef and 3/4 lb. ground pork
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add milk, crackers, salt and pepper. Add pork and beef and mix well.
3. Shape into a loaf in an ungreased baking pan.
4. Combine sauce ingredients and spread 3/4 over the meat loaf. Bake for 60 to 65 minutes. Once baked, let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
5. Serve with remaining sauce.