An easy-to-prepare comfort food that can be made in a variety of ways...here is what we do:
- Beef Roast--on special this week!
- Noodles (homemade or store-bought--whichever you prefer)
- Stock reserved from preparing the beef roast
- Salt, pepper, and parsley
- Fill crock pot with around two inches of water, turn on 'high' and allow water to become hot (~30 minutes).
- Add frozen (or thawed) roast. Cook for around 6 hours, or until the roast is done (it will be tender, to the point where it easily falls apart). If you are using a thawed roast, less cooking time will be needed; around 4 hours.
- Strain the liquid from the crock pot and transfer to a stock pot. If needed, add water to the stock pot so that there is ample liquid for preparing the noodles, according to package directions. Bring to a boil, add noodles, and cook until the noodles reach desired tenderness.
- While the noodles are cooking, trim fat from the roast and cut into bite-sized pieces. Add to the pot of noodles and season with salt, pepper, and parsley as desired.
- Goes well with mashed potatoes and green beans.